Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.144
This release includes a collection of bug fixes and a few new functions available for native extensions.
We have fixed two issues regarding stencil/clipping, please be aware of this if you are using your own render scripts.
We have updated the dev app so that it can display which interfaces/IPs it listens to. An old crash bug related to rotating the device on Android has been fixed. We also added empty launch screens for the iOS version so that you will now have full native resolution on device.
This means that when two or more gui-scenes are using stencils, a stencil buffer clear will be executed before the first stencil node of a scene, which might have an impact on performance. The stencil buffer clear logic is optimised so that the first stencil node rendered will not issue a clear if the stencil has been cleared already (by the render script clear command).
The stencil buffer write mask affects the stencil clear behaviour. This wasn’t reset (set to 255) before the render script clear meaning the buffer wasn’t properly cleared. To fix existing scripts, add the line:
DEF-2528- Added: Script relevant
*Instancefunctions added to Defold SDK.
DEF-2268- Fixed: Tweaked
DM_LUA_ERRORso it's able to return value.
DEF-1333- Fixed: Stencil scope sharing issues.
DEF-1305- Fixed: Stencil mask resize bug.
DEF-2430- Fixed: Spine animation gets stuck on the penultimate frame in certain scenes.
DEF-1392- Fixed: Ping-pong animation causes infinite loop if duration is set to zero.
gui.animatedid not change value if duration was 0.
DEF-2433- Fixed: Crash on Android dmengine dev app when rotating device.
DEF-1721- Fixed: iOS dev app did not have launcher images.
DEF-2516- Fixed: Storing large files (approx. >3mb) failed on HTML5.
DEF-2514- Fixed: Collada skeleton node transforms were not applied on skeleton and animations.
DEF-2511- Fixed: Some rotation animations for 3D models flipped at certain situations.
DEF-2517- Fixed: Memory corruption of Facebook extension function list.
DEF-2513- Fixed: Custom resources could only be specified without leading slash.
DEF-2508- Fixed: Build report showed uncompressed files as -1 Byte.