Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.162
In this release we´ve added gamepad support for HTML5, along with bindings for some common controllers in the
We have also added the possibility to get notified when a gamepad is connected or disconnected at runtime. There are two new gamepad triggers available to be bound in your input binding file,
gamepad-disconnected, which can be listened for in the
On macOS and Windows we have added support for gamepad "hats" (also called dpad input in some circumstances). This fixes an old issue where the input from the dpad on a PS4 controller connected to macOS previously wasn't able to be bound.
We've improved a bit on how the Android resources are found from extensions.
Previously, the recommended way was to put it directly under the
However, to more easily support multiple packages we check the folder for other folders, to see if they in turn are android assets.
You cannot mix the two ways in the same extension. See example
The bundle resources is now (finally) a comma separated list of folders.
To make the reasoning clear about what resources are Android resources and which are bundle resources, any resources put in the
are not considered for bundling.
DEF-3931- Added: Added gamepad support for HTML5
DEF-3349- Added: Added support for gamepad connect/disconnect at runtime
DEF-3708- Added: Add support for gamepad "hat" inputs
DEF-3949- Fixed: Memory leak in gui.animate callback
DEF-3813- Fixed: Better error messages when bundling if icons are missing
#4186- Added: game.project now has two more options android.minSdkVersion and android.targetSdkVersion
#4209- Fixed: Crash in ares_addrinfo_callback
#4182- Fixed: The Android dmengine.apk app is not orientation locked
#4172- Fixed: The
sys.load_resource()now returns tuple
#4103- Added: Modernized look of a few more dialog boxes.
#4105- Fixed: Text boxes now show the actual, scaled size of the node instead of the bounds of the text.
#4122- Fixed: Malformed .script_api files in dependencies no longer cause build errors.
#4132- Fixed: File not found build error after removing dependency from project.
#4164- Fixed: Bad error message if a connection error occurs during project import.
#4184- Fixed: Exception when creating a new file after opening a project whose folder casing changed.